“In the early days, many students would come to the Living Crafts Centre (LCC) to take classes, and once the class was over, they did not want to leave and would ask if they could somehow stay overnight,” explains Ock Pop Tok co-founder Jo.
Now you can. An exceptionally beautiful, peaceful and creative setting, away from the bustling tourist centre of town. Veiled by flowering vines and tropical foliage, the Villa is perched right on the banks of the Mekong River, with unobstructed views of the river and the surrounding mountains.
The Mekong Villa offers the opportunity to engage with the culture and arts of Laos, while still allowing space for ample quiet and relaxation. Enjoy leisure activities in the garden or try your hand at one of the weaving or natural dye classes. In-room massages and treatments are available upon request.
Your stay includes breakfast from the on-site, award-winning Silk Road Café.
Feel at home, whether you are relaxing in the tranquility of your comfortable room, taking in a spectacular sunset on the Villa’s veranda, or exchanging greetings with our artisans and Ock Pop Tok team.
The Villa features four exquisite rooms with decor inspired by artisan communities in Laos. The Hmong, Katu, Tai and Hill Tribe room feature textiles handmade by artisans we work with through the Village Weaver Projects.
Each room offers:
- High-quality mattresses, pillows and linens
- En suite bathroom
- Free wifi is available in the room and throughout the property.
- Complimentary daily full breakfast is included. Enjoy in on your private patio or at the Café.
- 10% off all classes with 1 night stay. 20% off all classes with a 2 or more night stay
- Free tuk tuk shuttle service to town between 8 am – 5pm
- Bicycles for us during stay
- 24-hour, on-site staff available for assistance
- In-room massages and treatments available
How to find us
Located next to the Living Crafts Centre, the Villa is a 5 minute tuk tuk ride, 10 minute bicycle or 30 minute walk south of the town centre in Ban Saylom. Our free tuk tuk shuttle is available for pick up in both directions.
Take the main street out of town, past Joma cafe in the direction of Kuangsi waterfall. As you pass Phousi Market on your left and the T-Junction, look for our sign on the right hand side and go down the lane, right to the end where you will see our gates.