It’s a common question we get here at Ock Pop Tok: now that I’m home, how do I hang my wall hanging? These intricate, handmade textiles are truly a piece of art. So, of course you want to display them with pride (and hopefully share the story behind each with your friends).
It’s easy! Here’s how in 5 simple steps:
What you’ll need:
- A beautiful Ock Pop Tok wall hanging
- A hanger — We sell them here, or you can use a decorative curtain rod
- Tailor pins (the ones with a ball on the end, like this)
- Pull the top of your hanging through the hanger.
- Fold top of textile over the rod, aligning so there’s enough room to insert pins, but leaving a small amount of space between the top of the border fabric and where the pattern begins.
- Position tailor pins an appropriate width apart — enough to support, but not too much to distract.
- Gently pin in place on the back of the fabric.
- Hang in your home!
- Be sure to occasionally shift the pins. Every 1-2 months for more delicate fabrics and 3-6 months for heavier ones.
- The top of your design should be parallel to the rod, with just enough space to “let it breath”.
- Iron your textile on a low setting before hanging to reduce wrinkles.
- Some hangings do well with a bit of weight on the bottom. Add an additional hanger at the bottom if needed.