Marketing Operations Associate
Passionate about handmade? Do you have a desire to save the world?
Join our team…
We are looking for a dynamic, compassionate associate with a drive to save the world to join our marketing team. This position is focused on communication and storytelling but includes analytics. You are a savvy writer and feel perfectly comfortable crafting email and social media copy as well as simple design assets and photos. You effectively manage multiple timelines and deadlines simultaneously. You have the discipline to execute on existing strategy and the drive to research and initiate new campaigns.
- Content creation (copywriting) and simple design and photo assets in conjunction with HMS for Online store, website, in-store signage, newsletter, and social media. This includes (but is not limited to) product descriptions, short stories about weavers, designs, and village projects, and newsletter and blog content.
- Influence and execute content strategies for social media channels including, but not limited to Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, & Twitter
- Research and benchmark industry trends and influence strategy accordingly
- Generate, edit & publish engaging social content weekly for both the Living Crafts Centre and Ock Pop Tok.
- Assist with Local Events at Ock Pop Tok locations and around Luang Prabang. This includes Shop Talks at the Heritage site, hosting large groups, and retail and community events in town.
- Assist with website updates in WordPress including edits to the Online store and other pages as needed.
- Coordinate product information sharing across departments – ensure that the retail team has the proper product information from production – especially when new lines are launched
- Collaborate with Lao staff.
- Contribute to the ongoing Wholesale business (product selection, pricing, graphics) in collaboration with the Marketing team.
- Report monthly on KPIs
- In conjunction with HMS analyze CRM data and propose changes in operations in accordance with feedback.
- Report monthly on KPIs
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Business Administration, Communications or related field
- 1-3 years demonstrated work experience in marketing or marketing related activities
- Working knowledge of Google Analytics, social media & SEO
- Excellent copywriting and communication skills are a MUST
- Experience with Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop – InDesign is s PLUS
- Ability to be highly collaborative and work cross-departmentally and in a multicultural environment.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and timelines simultaneously
- Excels at working with people from diverse backgrounds.
- Mission alignment: We are a mission driven social enterprise that thrives on a shared passion and we will look for this in any potential applicant.
Reports to the Head of Marketing and Sales.
- Expected Start Date: January 2019
- Contract: minimum 1 year
- Salary: depend on experience
For further details see the full job description here.
How to Apply
Send 1 page cover letter (PDF) and CV (PDF)
Hilary Kilpatric at firstname.lastname@example.org