The objective of the Programme is threefold:
- to provide a framework by which individuals from diverse academic and professional backgrounds may be assigned to different Ock Pop Tok departments and their educational or practical experience can be enhanced through practical work assignments.
- exposure to aspects of working in a textile and tourism based social enterprise in Laos.
- to provide a platform for cross culture experience.
Potential areas to work in:
- Textile Catalogue & Conservation
- Marketing & Social Media
- Graphic Design
- Human Resource Management
- Fair trade officer
- Studio Assistant
- English Teacher
- Outreach/Inreach Programmes Officer
The preferred period is two to four months, although short-term internships can be arranged depending on the candidate’s experience. Applications should be received ideally at least three months before the intended starting date of the internship.
Placements are arranged by department managers to allow individuals to work on specific projects. Applications may be made throughout the year. This should include a full CV with references and a recent portfolio of work, together with an indication of preferred dates.
We pay a monthly stipend dependent on experience. Interns must pay all their own costs including accommodation, visa and board. For longer term interns we can help with associated visa costs.
How to apply
All preliminary enquiries should be made using this form.